MOTHERS BEING ENCOURAGED TO JOIN THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

Read this good article today by Romesh Navaratnarajah , it is very true that real estate allows mothers to have flexibility in their family and career, I still remember 15 years ago, I always bring along my kids to office, to meet clients and anyway I go if I don't have a helper at home, due to the flexibility in work, I manage to  balance up my career and family. 
Because of choosing a right career path in Real Estate, I am a Entrepreneurs and property investor now.

They Grow up with Real Estate 

Real estate agency work allows mothers the flexibility to balance career and family.
With Mother’s Day being celebrated tomorrow (8 May), one group is calling all mothers who want to balance career and family to seriously consider real estate as a profession.
The Real Centre Network (RCN), an approved training organisation, feels that the nature of the business allows stay-at-home-moms, and mothers looking to get back to work, the flexibility that many other jobs don’t offer.
Ken Lim, founder of the RCN, said: “Increasingly we have noticed more mothers choosing real estate as a second career or as a new career move. We applaud that.
“Mothers can upgrade their skills while balancing their home priorities and it’ll be a good source of income too. Not many careers out there offer this flexibility.”
Recently, Damelza Olsen, a mother of two young boys, decided to embark on a new career opportunity, and signed up for the Real Estate Salesperson (RES) course at the RCN.
The course focuses on property law and real estate practices in Singapore, specifically on sale and lease transactions involving residential, commercial and industrial properties.
Under current regulations by the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA), property agents have to pass the CEA’s RES examination in order to do estate agency work here.
“I thought I’d give it a real go and signed myself up for the RCN RES course. I passed both papers on my first attempt. I’ve recently joined an Estate Agency and am looking forward to embarking on this new career,” said Olsen.
Established in 2010, the RCN was created to equip property agents with the practical knowledge to help consumers in their housing decisions. To date, more than 55 percent of agents in Singapore have attended the RCN’s training programmes.
For more information about the RCN, visit www.realcentrenetwork.com.

Romesh Navaratnarajah, Senior Editor at PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact him about this or other stories, email romesh@propertyguru.com.sg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 STEP TO BECOME A REAL ESTATE AGENT IN MALAYSIA

CAREER PATH IN REAL ESTATE MALAYSIA

TOP REAL ESTATE AGENCY IN KUALA LUMPUR